On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we are delighted to invite you to participate in the 2024 International Conference on Advances in Biomedicine and Biomedical Engineering (ICABBE 2024), to be held in Naples, Italy. Conference website: https://icabbe.apaset.edu.pl/
The field of biomedicine and biomedical engineering has been rapidly evolving in recent years, with many exciting breakthroughs and discoveries being made. The aim of this conference is to bring together experts from around the world to discuss the latest trends, exchange ideas, and explore new research directions. This conference is dedicated to providing a platform for researchers, scholars, and industry professionals to share their latest findings and advancements in the fields of biomedicine and biomedical engineering. The scope of the conference is broad and includes topics such as biomedical imaging, bioinformatics, biomaterials, tissue engineering, drug discovery, and regenerative medicine, among others.
The call for abstracts/papers is now open, and we invite submissions from researchers and professionals in academia, industry, and government. Accepted abstracts will be presented in either oral or poster sessions, and we encourage authors to submit their work early to ensure consideration for presentation.
The conference will feature a variety of sessions and presentations, including keynote speeches from leading experts in the field, panel discussions, and technical sessions. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with other professionals and learn about the latest developments in biomedicine and biomedical engineering.
We look forward to welcoming you to the ICABBE2024, and hope that you will join us in contributing to the advancement of these exciting fields.
History:ICABBE was established in 2017, in simultaneous with ICBB 2017 in Offenburg, Germany, which was organized by Asia-Pacific Association of Science, Engineering and Technology (APASET), co-organized with Offenburg University of Applied Sciences, and Peter Osypka Institute for Pacing and Ablation.
In 2019, ICABBE was held in simultaneous with ICBB 2019 in Poznan, Poland, which was organized by Asia-Pacific Association of Science, Engineering and Technology (APASET), co-organized with Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry - Polish Academy of Sciences, in collaboration with POL-OPENSCREEN and EU-OPENSCREEN.
In 2021 and 2023, due to the impact of global Covid pandemic, ICABBE2021 and ICABBE2023 was held virtual online simultaneous with ICBB as a webinar.
After the ICABBE 2024, we look forward to continuing to hold in-person conference in 2024.
Biomedicine: including the application of biological and medical principles to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, as well as disease mechanism and developing new treatments. It is a broad field that encompasses many different disciplines, including:
- Biochemistry, the chemical processes that occur in living organisms.
- Cell biology, the structure and function of cells.
- Molecular biology, the molecular basis of life.
- Genetics, genes and heredity.
- Immunology, the immune system.
- Microbiology, microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Pharmacology, drugs and their effects on living organisms.
- Physiology, the normal functions of the body.
Biomedical Engineering: including the application of engineering principles and design concepts to medicine and biology; develop new medical devices, implants, and treatments. The key areas include:
- Biomaterials: research on materials and other medical devices related to medical and biology.
- Biomechanics: the forces and motions that act on the cell, organ and body.
- Biomedical imaging: methods and processing for imaging and diagnosing disease.
- Medical devices: reseach on develop and applicaion of medical devices, and cochlear implants.
- Rehabilitation engineering: research on new technologies with disabilities regain function.